2. Experian Boost – Most Reputable Credit Repair Program
● Free of charge!
● FICO scores included
● Guaranteed rates
● Instant score improvement
● Checking account access required
Experian is one of three national credit bureaus (including TransUnion and Equifax) that calculates a credit score for you based on your credit report with them.
Knowing how important a high score is, Experian launched a 100 percent free service known as Experian Boost to help “boost” your score for good spending habits. This includes regular payments into investment or savings accounts, paying bills on time, and so on.
What’s more, the service promises there’s absolutely no risk to your current Experian credit score. Plus, it’s free!
We recommend Experian Boost for people with just below “good” or “excellent” scoring categories, since even a little boost could make you eligible for a whole range of different loan or credit products.
3. Lexington Law – Experienced Credit Repair Specialist
● Proven track record
● Online contact options available
● Free credit report consultation
● Expert attorneys and paralegals
● Offers cease and desist letters
● No satisfaction guarantee
● Financial Management (Premier Plus only)
Lexington Law is well known for credit repair services and guarantees accurate credit reporting with their expert team of professionals. Members of the group, such as paralegals, offer individual and personal support. Lexington Law also gives its customers access to their credit analysis and counseling plan with a handy mobile app.
Credit Repair Packages
● Concord Standard ($89.95 per month package): This package, as the cheapest plan, includes creditor interventions and bureau challenges.
● Concord Premier ($109.95 per month package): As well as bureau challenges and creditor interventions, this package also includes several other benefits: TransUnion alerts, ReportWatch, score analysis, and InquiryAssist.
● Premier Plus ($129.95/month): As well as including everything that the standard and premier packages have to offer, the Premier Plus package also offers identity theft protection, a FICO score tracker, personal finance tools, and cease and desist letters. It’s up to you to decide which package best fits your needs and budget.
● Straightforward pricing
● Low one-time work fee
● 24/7 account access
● FCRA-certified consultants
● No access to financial management tools
● No credit monitoring
The Credit People, rated as having the best guarantee, have two different memberships with clear pricing. If you’re not satisfied with either plan, you can cancel at any time and receive a refund for the previous month’s payment, making it quite appealing.
Both memberships with this company include a $19 first work fee, unlimited credit disputes, and creditor reports. Furthermore, they also offer support that goes further than just credit reports; you’ll receive debt validation assistance and a six-month satisfaction guarantee with the flat-rate membership.
5. Credit Repair – Best Reviewed Credit Fixing Company
● Free credit analysis
● Various credit repair services
● 50 percent off sign-up fee
● Helpful tracking tools
● Advanced plans are more expensive
Credit Repair is an excellent company for challenging inaccuracies and removing damaging items from your credit report. Once signed up to Credit Repair, the company will analyze your credit report for inaccurate items, build you a repair plan, and start challenging the negative things that harm your report the most.
There are three packages available, allowing you to choose whichever best suits your budget!
Credit Repair Packages
● Direct ($69.95/month): This is the cheapest package available with credit repair and allows three creditor disputes per month and 15 negative challenges per month. This plan is great for people on a low budget with a few negative items needing to be tackled.
● Standard ($99.95/month): This package has everything in the Direct package as well as hard inquiry challenges, cease and desist letters to creditors, credit score analysis every quarter, and credit monitoring.
● Advanced ($119.95/month): This is the most expensive package that Credit Repair has to offer, although it includes a vast array of benefits, including 19 item challenges per month and six creditor disputes monthly. This package also includes personal finance tools, identity theft protection, and other things, such as receiving your monthly FICO score.
6. Ovation Credit – Top Credit Improvement Service for Customer Support
● Easy cancellation
● Multiple discounts available
● Financial management tools with both plans
● Free credit consultation
● No online application
● Credit monitoring with the Essential Plus plan only
Ovation Credit is an excellent choice—especially considering all the discount options available. You could get a couple’s discount, senior discount, and even credit of up to $50 on your next monthly payment for switching companies or referring a friend. There are two plans available, so let’s have a look at them.
● Essentials ($79 per month): This cheaper plan has an initial fee of $89, although you get a free consultation with a credit expert. It has loads of handy little add-ons like financial management tools, personal credit dispute processes, and your own personal case advisor who oversees your whole process and guides you through it.
● Essentials Plus ($109 per month): Including everything within the Essentials plan, the Plus Plan will also give you unlimited disputes, goodwill letters to creditors, TransUnion credit monitoring, and an official Ovation recommendation letter to your potential lenders.
7. Sky Blue Credit – Cheap Credit Repair Services
● Easy online sign-up available
● 90-day money-back guarantee
● Discounts are available
● Reviews line by line credit reports
● No monthly credit monitoring
● No handy financial tools
Sky Blue Credit also allows you to take advantage of all its credit repair services through its simple pricing. Once signed up, each process takes around six months to complete, but the great thing is that cancellation is available to you at any point in the period.
The credit repair plans include credit score assistance, access to professional debt negotiation consultants, and initial analysis of disputable items. As well as the 90-day satisfaction guarantee, you can expect disputes for 15 negative items per each monthly cycle and a review of potential inaccuracies in your report.
The package costs $79 per month for a flat rate and $119 per month for couples.
8. Pyramid Credit Repair – Best Credit Improvement Service for Married Couples
● 90-day money-back guarantee
● Free consultation and no up-front fees
● Quality customer support
● Analysis and budgeting tools
● Cannot remove accurate negative information
● You may need to give supporting documentation
Pyramid Credit Repair is one of the most respected credit repair companies, taking control of customers’ finances to help improve their overall credit score. They work with credit repair bureaus and creditors until your issues have been resolved. It starts with a free credit assessment, and then an expert will help you through the action of obtaining your report.
● Singles ($99 per month): As the cheapest plan, there are no additional costs to this package, you can cancel at any time, and there’s 24/7 support if you require it.
● Couples ($198 per month): This is a great deal for couples, offering a personalized service for two. It gives 24/7 support, just like the Singles Plan, financial tools, and you can cancel at any time. Both plans have no contracts, meaning there are no strings attached.
Best Credit Repair Services: FAQs
Is it Worth Paying Someone to Fix Your Credit?
Yes. Because raising your credit is so impactful on your lifestyle, we believe it is worth paying someone to fix your credit as long as you choose the right agency for the job.
Nevertheless, there are several steps people can take to raise their credit score on their own. Staying on top of frequent monitoring will catch red flags that come up early in the process.
However, several of the larger credit repair companies will be able to catch things you might not, and your odds of success are much higher than trying to fix your credit on your own.
Instead of spending time fighting off harassing credit collectors and sending cease and desist letters, let a professional repair service do the work for you.
Can a Credit Repair Company Guarantee Errors Will Be Removed?
Whether a credit repair agency can guarantee errors will be removed is tricky to answer because it depends on what you’re disputing.
Although companies do their best to help raise your credit score, bureaus won’t simply delete credit information just because you’ve hired professional help—there have to be inaccuracies and errors for this to happen.
Why do Minor Infractions Have Such a Negative Impact on My Credit?
Minor infractions are small issues, yet this means that they’ll be more common than significant infractions. They’ll build up over time, creating a lot of negative information on your credit report.
How Can Credit Repair Companies Help?
A credit repair company could help you buy a house, take out a loan, or anything else that you might need money for (and, of course, a decent credit score for!).
By offering constant support, financial tools, and expert action, credit repair companies could help boost low credit scores while also helping you monitor your credit for errors.
How Can I Avoid Credit Repair Scams?
A great way to avoid getting caught up in a credit repair scam is by keeping an eye out for the following red flags.
Get ahold of the contract. You may not be given the contract to view beforehand—don’t sign anything when you don’t know what you’re signing up for! The name and business address of the company should also be clearly visible.
Check the terms and conditions. Additionally, you might be getting scammed if the contract doesn’t include the amount you’re being charged or the date by which the services will be carried out.
Make sure you can cancel. You should receive a statement letting you know you can cancel the contract if you choose to.
Don’t pay any up-front fees. If you’ve been asked for a payment before any services are performed, see this as a red flag since the law disallows credit repair agencies from charging up-front fees.
Top Credit Repair Companies: The Takeaway
Always do your research first to make sure you’re hiring the best credit repair company for you—all our top picks are remarkable for their own reasons. However, some may suit you better than others, especially when there are different services and prices on offer.
Overall, we’ve rated Credit Saint as the top credit repair company due to its multiple different options to suit different budgets, clear-cut pricing, and the ability to cancel at any time.
This isn’t to say that our other top picks aren’t also great options – each has its winning benefits, which helped them make it onto this list.